Skip to main content

Pretty Little Fabric Bowl

Purchased the pattern for the Pretty Little Fabric Bowl by Jean Paccagnan.

I used my Cricut to cut out the Pelon for the outside of a medium bowl and the fabric for the outside also.  I won't lie, it did take a little finagling to get the size correct in Cricut design space, but at least I can save and just cut out more. 





The pattern is sewn together with English paper piecing (EPP). For those unfamiliar with EPP, this is a form of hand stitching with paper pieces in the shape you are wanting your project/block.There are 7 different sizes to the bowl.  As stated above, I used my Cricut to cut out the outside of a medium bowl and I have begun stitching in together. I only have three more seams to stitch up.  And of course, now I need to cut out the inside part of the bowl. 🤦🏼‍♀️


I was already in the middle of stitching together a small bowl and intended to piece together the outside of a small bowl, but for some reason my brain was fixated on using the Cricut to cut out a medium sized outside of a bowl. So i guess I will now have two bowls when I make my matching sizes. 


Here is my small sized bowl that I cut out by hand. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sew Therapy

There was a death 😭 in the family this past week and I have been doing what I can to keep occupied.  I have been doing various sewing projects but just keep bouncing around from one project to another with no real focus.  I have been very emotionally and physically drained so it has been challenging staying on task.  I did manage to make myself a needle case holder. I wanted a place to consolidate my hand needles, I saw a facebook post with something similar and ran with the idea. Below you can see what I came up with. 

Cutting Hexie's the Easy Way

Used my Cricut to cut out these hexie's for English Paper Piecing. These are for 1.5" hexagons. Tried using the snap-mat feature but no matter how many angles or what height I was at the feature would not work (sad 😞 day), but at least I have a freshly cut batch of hexagon's to start basting.